Thursday, January 10, 2008

Proof

Since everyone has been concerned about how Josie and Ramsey fared while we were gone, I decided to post some pictures. It's clear that they have both suffered tremendous psychological trauma in our absence.

Josie has reverted to sleeping 16 hours a day--one up from her usually fiesty 15. Instead of hollering at 7am when she's ready to be walked, she has resigned herself to waking us at 7:30am. In the ultimate fit of discontent, as a night cap for her dinner tonight, she proceeded to eat Ramsey's rollable scratching toy. She has scratched the floors and sniffed Ramsey's butt and rubbed her wet nose in between every nook and cranny she can find (and I mean EVERY.)

Likewise, Ramsey is also showing signs of distress. She has jumped on the kitchen counter, the bathtub, our dresser, and every other surface on which she is forbidden. She has scratched and hissed when I cut her nails. She bit me when I tried to pet her longer than she preferred. She pawed Josie for undermining her dignity by sticking her nose where it didn't belong. She has hidden when we've called her name and taken up residence in every open suitcase and drawer that she can squeeze her poofy body into...

Oh, wait. Maybe it's been a while but aren't those the same things they did before we left for Atlanta? Right. Uh-huh. I thought so.

2 comments:

Nina said...

i can't have you not have any comments... shea says you like comments =) yes it is "my friend Nina" here in St. Louis. I told shea to tell you that i love your blog. It helped in the midst of my own move to read about someone else's. So now maybe in some cyberspace way i am "Niki's friend Nina" =)
BLessings as your resettle. and keep writing... you are really good at it!!!!

Location: Berlin, DE said...

Yeah! I love comments, Nina. I'm glad to hear you're settling into St. Louis. Settling in is no easy task. Thanks for your encouragement...your friend (shea's) Nikki