Friday, May 9, 2008

Seventeen

I have nothing interesting to post today so I figured I'd post about the least interesting thing I can think of: my thoughts. Here are seventeen totally random things on my mind today:

1. I am loving this weather. There has been perfectly warm and spring like weather here for about two weeks. Every morning that we wake up and see the beautiful blue sky, we remark about how much a difference the nice weather has made on our psyche.

2. I made deviled eggs last week and again this week and I can not tell you how great they were. They were so great, in fact, I made them again today.

3. I am reading "The Virgin's Lover" by Philippa Gregory and I am having a hard time finishing it. I love Tudor history but this story about Queen Elizabeth and her affair with Sir Robert Dudley is so disappointing compared to "The Other Boleyn Girl." I think I've had my Tudor fill.

4. Don't you just love Matt, the new Bachelor? I had given up on the show because I usually only watch it because I like the girls but this season I watch it for him. He might be a tool in real life but he seems like such a nice guy. The accent doesn't hurt either.

5. If I could do anything knowing that I wouldn't fail, I would be a veterinarian or a broadway actor. How random is that?

6. I love my pets but they infuriate me somedays. When Josie peed on the rug this week right in front of J, I should have been blamed us but I was really mad at her. Totally not her fault. We should have taken her out earlier but it is too easy to assign human emotions to pets. I wonder what they must think of us?

7. How happy are we that the writer's strike is over? I know it has been weeks but I am so grateful that new episodes are on back on tv. It's kind of nice to have new shows to watch during this time of the year, too.

8. Crowds make me really nervous, especially parties where you are expected to mingle. I am a terrible mingler. I would much prefer to go to a seated dinner with strangers than to have to walk up to them to start conversations. I like my audience to be captive.

9. I could go to Paris every year and find something by which to be fascinated. The most amazing city in the world in my opinion.

10. I could go on safari in Africa every year and be equally satisfied.

11. I need a hair cut so badly. I wish I could just jet home for the weekend to get a chop. I don't want to have to find a new hair stylist AGAIN and yet I know that this is my life for years to come.

12. I'm starting to feel like we can like it here. It's nice to have friends who like you for you. Makes you feel like less of a loser when people like you.

13. Speaking of friends, why did I allow myself to be talked into taking another German class? I'm still convinced it is a lost cause even if it is nice to see a friendly face every Tuesday and Thursday night. There is just no cure for stupidity or short attention span.

14. I really want to make homemade cream cheese danishes but I don't want to feel compelled to eat them all by myself. J is no help in that department. I'll be the wife and he will be Jack Spratt. I should make the filling and slather it on my butt and thighs. That's where it will end up anyway. Why doesn't fat ever move to your boobs or to your eyelashes?

15. What's the deal with the German fascination with mullots? Oh, and older women with bright red or orange hair? Can someone explain the hidden meaning behind those fashion statements?

16. Speaking of hidden meanings, how do you explain it when a blog contains frequent posts about craving junk food, said blogger notices an increase in weight gain, trips to the bathroom and memory loss, in conjunction with the sudden urge to reevaluate the purpose of her life? Do you think I might be pregnant?

17. Well, you'd be right. I am 17 weeks pregnant today and, while still nervous, happy to report that baby bean is thriving. So, prepare yourselves to meet the newest Brave Berliner who will be coming to a blog near you on the 17th...of October, that is.

7 comments:

MoFoust said...

HOW CUTE WAS THIS BLOG!
Best one yet!
I loved #16 and loved #17 even more.

All the seventeen references. You clever Mama, you!

Yippee!
Hooray!
Mazel Tov!
Enhorra buena (spellcheck it yourself)!

MoFoust said...

HOW CUTE WAS THIS BLOG!
Best one yet!
I loved #16 and loved #17 even more.

All the seventeen references. You clever Mama, you!

Yippee!
Hooray!
Mazel Tov!
Enhorra buena (spellcheck it yourself)!

MoFoust said...

HOW CUTE WAS THIS BLOG!
Best one yet!
I loved #16 and loved #17 even more.

All the seventeen references. You clever Mama, you!

Yippee!
Hooray!
Mazel Tov!
Enhorra buena (spellcheck it yourself)!

Snooker said...

Congratulations on the baby bean!!!!
I'm very happy for you and John!!

You're craving deviled eggs? Now that is a funny one!

Anonymous said...

sorry for all the posts- don't know what happened there!

mofoust

Anonymous said...

we ARE going to learn german!
#13.

Shea said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Wish I could see you prego!