Saturday, July 12, 2008

Curse of the Pharaoh

Against his better judgement but in response to my constant pestering, we held our third murder mystery party last night. I love a good game but I am partial to murder mystery games because they bring out a totally different side in people. First of all, who among us doesn't like to dress up? I don't care how old you are there aren't very many people who don't love the escape that dressing up provides. Add to the mix, an opportunity to play a character and there is no telling what will happen. Those that you expect to hold back go all out and really play up their part. Those you expect to play up there part do it so well you wonder how long they prepared for their roles. Hours? Days? A lifetime? Either way, I get a kick out of it even though I'm the one orchestrating but I like bossing people so that should come as no surprise.

J was against the idea because when we last hosted a mystery party in Atlanta people got too confused and so the game dragged on. I thought it had more to do with the game itself, rather than the crowd but last night changed my perception. It had everything to do with the group. Engaged guests make the party. Of course, J came around too, as he always does, and became one of the stars of the show. We are thoroughly exhausted today but I'm already thinking about when we'll host the next one. I'm always up for the chance to laugh at someone else's expense!




For more pictures of the party than you care to see, follow the link below to my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9997610@N02/.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That look like it was fun!

dd

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was fun !!

dd

Shea said...

I'm proud of you guys! I'm sure your party was so fun. Hey....it was fun in Atlanta! Should we (atlanta murder mystery attendees) be offended????
I LOVE the picture of you and John. one for the mantle. baby's scrapbook.....

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!

s said...

I was one of the ones that overdid it. I love and excuse to go over the top! :) Thanks for a super fun night!