Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Family that Lays together.....

One of the beings in these pictures is going to be a great dad. To give you a hint, they have an imposable thumb and are capable of comprehensing commands more complex than "sit!," "stay!," and "no." Oh, and they are a male which is an important trait to have in a father.

Seeing him with the pets sometimes makes me a little weepy. That such a big guy could be such a softy and so caring to these furbies is touching. I can't imagine what I will feel like seeing him with my little gummy bear.






Notice the rapid advancement from sweet family bonding to manipulation and attempted mutilation by the furred ones? Yes, he can sometimes be taken advantage of by Josie and fall victim to Ramsey's wild wrestling antics. That soft side just helps to balance out my tough side. Balance is important in a relationship even if it leaves you a bit scarred, literally.

EDITED TO ADD: Not 5 minutes after Ramsey's spasm where she scratched the crap out of J she proceeded to take a swipe at me for trying to trim her vicious nails. I now have a beautiful battle scar over my eyelid, ON my eyelid, and a across the bridge of my nose. Enough of this family bonding mess. If you are on the market for a cat, give me a call. I think we can help you out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute blog! yeah, you'll fall in love ALL over again when you see john with your little baby. i have actually been brought to tears over seeing sean with jae and baby nate (unbeknownst to him) so many things will be instinctual to you so it may not be as touching as when you see john do the same things.

get ready for the "lovefest" of your life!