Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Like a Lion

The weather has been the pits lately. After having a few unseasonably nice days in the latter part of February, I had every hope that March would follow suit. Maybe we'd even be lucky enough to have more sunny days than gray ones? Nope. No such luck.

The scene on the left is what I woke to Wednesday morning.

Last weekend, there was a typhoon off the coast of Germany that created very heavy winds, torrential downpours, and were even the cause of a few deaths. Who knew that typhoons even touched down in Germany? I thought once I moved to Europe that I'd left the scary weather behind. Flash floods. Tornadoes. Severe thunder and lightening. I guess I can add damaging winds now to that list.

So after seeing the snow falling on Wednesday, I thought to myself. Wow. I guess we're in for a bit of a storm....that was until I grabbed something to eat for breakfast and came back to check on the progress an hour and a half later. I kid you not that the snow had stopped falling, was starting to melt and the sky was blue and shining.

What, Mother Nature said, you weren't actually expecting some consistency from me, were you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.