Saturday, August 23, 2008

This one's dedicated to the one I love

Today marks another year and another birthday spent here in Germany, my love.

In fact, it is the first birthday in four years that we have even been in the same country on your special day. I was sad when you were in Austria, then London, then Africa, and then the Ukraine because I hate being away from you and I know how important your birthdays are to you. I am so happy today to be able to celebrate your life with you because you make everyday of my life a celebration.

One of the very best things about this international move has been the chance to spend more time with each other than we did in Atlanta. My nails are longer from not biting them off when you were flying to God-knows-where until God-knows-when. My hair is incredibly thicker due to the lack of hair loss from the worrying when cell phone connections were bad and days would go by without a phone call to reconnect. But my love is also stronger for you because those years in Atlanta reminded me how much I enjoy your presence and being married to you.

You make me laugh. You make me take myself less seriously. You make me realize that there is no one on this planet better suited for me than you.

I love you desperately and can't wait to spend years more birthdays with you in the future. Happy Birthday, Babe.

Yours truly and forever, me

3 comments:

Snooker said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby!

Shea said...

Happy birthday John!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the big fella

dd