Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Be still, my heart

Run, don't walk to your nearest Dunkin D%nuts for these beauties and you can thank me later.

I'm not sure what they're called in English but I think they are the seasonal chocolate maple
doughnuts.

I'm not a huge doughnut person to begin with and even then I usually go for the standard chocolate glaze or cinnamon sugar varieties but people, for these lovelies, I make an exception.

I don't know if it is the baby growing or the--hmmm?--12 maple doughnuts I have eaten over the course of the last 14 days that is to blame for the kilo I put on since my doctors appointment two weeks ago but lemme tell ya, ya'll, it hurts so good. They are to die for, which given the calorie count of each one is a real possibility, but it is worth the risk. Believe me.

So, you heard it hear first, folks. I highly suggest you wake up 15 minutes early tomorrow to treat yourself and your arterial walls to a steaming cuppa joe and one--or a dozen--maple doughnuts. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SEVENTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

oh yeah, the donuts look good! mmmm.