Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mad Science

I had a sneaky feeling that I was playing with fire when I logged onto MakeMeBabies.Com.


I mean, any website that claims to be able to predict what your yet unborn child will look like must be a either cursed or at the very least cruel. Or maybe it is the person doing the searching who is the cursedly cruel one. Either way, it ain't natural but it is oh so tempting.


Before pushing the send button, "Please wait while we make your baby," it reads, I did have a fleeting thought that if my computer generated child was ugly I would be filled with the same amount of regret and remorse as I fear is possible if the actual Gummy Bear is, shall we say, unforgettable in the looks department. I've wondered if I might be the first mother to recoil in horror at the sight of my slimy newborn when he enters the world should he inherit the very worse physical qualities of JB and I. All of my friends tell me that it is impossible to look at your child and think they are anything less than perfect but I have my doubts. I can be pretty ruthless when it comes to judging whether a baby is cute or not. Part of me, I guess, fears that all my days of talking trash about other people's kids is going to come back and slap me in the genetic face. And well, if I use this website's photo as any clue, I'd be right.


So, here is the picture I put in of my self: (Don't I look eager and motherly?)




And here is the one I used for J: (Looking equally eager and Bill Cosby like in his protectiveness)




And here is the science experiment gone wrong that is our computer generated child:




What do you think about my little new baby Braving Berlin ?
MakeMeBabies.com - What will your baby look like?


Eee-Gads! Does that even look like a child to you? I mean come on. It's a bit offputting but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. And yes, I typed "boy" but doesn't he look like a girl with an overactive thyroid? He/She has a mustache, for God's sake! I'm sorry but that is just disturbing.

6 comments:

s said...

That is completely hilarious! How old is baby supposed to be?

Shea said...

Eric and I are so entertained by this post! Even though we really hope I won't be birthin' any more babies, we're so curious about what "our" baby would look like....hmmmm.....
so funny! I'm sure your little one is going to be completely perfect in every way!

Anonymous said...

It's a manboy!
The mouth and the eyes make it scary!
Where'd they get that hair?!

HEY! 29 more days. WooHoo!

Nashe^ said...

LOL that is just hilarious.... Now I'm afraid to try it out on my own =/

Nashe^ said...

Ok I tried it and motherfish it came out as YOUR baby. haha. With a santa's hat.

Anonymous said...

this "baby" looks like one of my next door neighbors!! LOL--that's just wrong

me