Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby


Thirty (ah-hem)...something years ago today, a sweet little baby was born. A happy, chubby, little brown thing that was to become the apple of his parent's eye and a real joy for alot of people.

Charismatic from the start, he charmed everyone he met. In time, the only thing that matched his generous personality was his natural wit and intellect. He is a lover, not a fighter. An easy comedian and a loyal friend. A devoted husband and a doting son. A romantic and a dreamer. A thoughtful planner and a spontaneous adventurer. Dashingly handsome and always up for a good time, he is a renaissance man in every way.

I've always been a bit in awe of how easily he gives of himself and am refreshed daily by what a truly great guy he is. I can attest to the fact that he is as funny and caring in the comfort of our home as he is in public and in time I've grown to realize the rarity of that trait. He is my best friend and my heart and I am confident that there will never be a shortage of love in his house as long as he is in it.

So, here's to you, my sweet, lovely husband. May you have thirty(-something) times more birthdays ahead of you. I can't wait to share them with you.

Love always, me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang Nikki!! I'm glad you have this blog, I forgot it was John's birthday.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN.

I'd have to agree about your description of John's qualitys as a human...I think that's why I've admired him since I met him...I'm glad that he met someone like you.

Take care you two...darryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
That was wonderful!